Spring/Fall Apprentice and Lead Designer
We're currently looking for a design apprentice, with the goal of them becoming a lead designer. The position is part time. Spring season is from April through June, Fall season is September through November, with a few summer and winter weddings. The designer will be trained during the spring season and will begin taking the lead on weddings in the fall.
The designer will closely shadow all floral design work, learning the skills necessary to work as a lead designer on our team. Floral design experience is ideal, but we are open to other creative-minded applicants that are able to demonstrate their eye for design and ability to pick up techniques quickly. For any applicants with previous floral design experience, we’ll be looking for your ability to design (or to learn to design) in a way that is true to our style.
We are looking for someone who is reliable, responsible, kind, friendly, and a team player. We are looking for someone who wants to grow into the position as a more permanent member of the team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about floral design, weddings, and love.
- part time position, paid at an hourly rate
- hourly rate determined based on skill level with the potential for raises as experience is gained
- the majority of the work will be performed on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and the occasional Wednesday and Sunday
- hours will vary and some days will require late night work to breakdown weddings
- Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday work will be in our studio in Fairfax Station VA
- Friday, Saturday, and Sunday weddings take place throughout the DMV